I have gained a lot by reading your article. Like you, I have been taught both methods of education. I received the Chinese method of education until high school, and Chinese teachers do use more cognitivism as you tell in your article. The teacher would tell us what to do and what the best way to do it was during the lesson. This type of education does save a lot of time and will speed up the learning process. But there is a risk that students will be less creative and try different ways of thinking. In contrast to the Canadian approach, Canadian teachers may prefer that students try to find the right approach on their own, but at the same time it takes a lot of time and effort. So it’s hard to say which method is better, it just depends on which method is better for you. I really liked your article and the examples you gave were very vivid. I look forward to reading the next one.

I am very happy to read your article and I think your energy to study for a driver’s license is very similar to mine. We both studied for our licenses in China and took the same four tests to get our licenses. Looking back now, I still feel very nervous and scared every time I take the test. As you wrote in your article, we have gone through a lot of behaviorist exercises and our bodies are conditioned to react the same way when we experience the same thing. But when we actually drive we realize that there are not two identical situations and we can’t give a subconscious response. These are the most difficult for me. I think what you wrote makes sense, we should combine behaviorism, cognitivism and constructivism and use a variety of approaches to complete the learning of a driver’s license.